moderated Re: Jaws 2021 question/problem

Richard Turner

Any Jaws user, anywhere in the world can report things by writing to support@freedomscientific.com
Now, there may be a separate email address from Canada or other countries, I do not know, but I'm sure they will let you know if that is the case.

Richard, in the U.S.

"You know," said Arthur, "it's at times like this, when I'm trapped in a Vogon airlock with a man from Betelgeuse, and about to die of asphyxiation in deep space, that I really wish I'd listened to what my mother told me when I was young."
"Why, what did she tell you?"
"I don't know, I didn't listen."
-- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy

* I'm not the card shark
* My web site, www.turner42.com

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Madison Martin
Sent: Monday, December 28, 2020 1:02 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws 2021 question/problem

So how do I report this issue? Can I still do so even though I live in Canada? I hope that anyone else who's experiencing this will report it to them as well...

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: December 28, 2020 2:00 PM

Has anyone contacted FS support about this issue?
It won't get fixed if folks don't contact them directly.

I don't have so many people in my contacts that I need this feature, but if you do, providing direct feedback would help.

Richard, in the U.S.

"You know," said Arthur, "it's at times like this, when I'm trapped in a Vogon airlock with a man from Betelgeuse, and about to die of asphyxiation in deep space, that I really wish I'd listened to what my mother told me when I was young."
"Why, what did she tell you?"
"I don't know, I didn't listen."
-- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy

* I'm not the card shark
* My web site, https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.turner42.com%2F&;data=04%7C01%7C%7Cc9b484af52204f53e3e108d8ab73966f%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637447860215742993%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=kvk6tp1cTjwLjNPqaJccWu03vI3nW6wmujk%2BjyR3j0M%3D&amp;reserved=0
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ron Pelletier
Sent: Monday, December 28, 2020 11:50 AM

Hi Madison,

It is a problem in JAWS 2021 which was there in 2020 also and was not fixed.
I wonder when they will fix it, hopefully In the next update.

Ron & Danvers

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Madison Martin
Sent: Monday, December 28, 2020 2:40 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Jaws 2021 question/problem

Hi all,
I upgraded to Jaws 2021 almost 2 weeks ago now and I have a problem that I've noticed. When I go to my favourites list in Edge, or when I go into contacts in Outlook, or start a new message in Outlook type a letter and then do ctrl k to bring up a list of addresses starting with that letter, Jaws will only read a few items and then stop speaking. When this happens in favourites I have to alt tab to something else and then alt tab back and then Jaws will start reading again, but then stops speaking again after reading a few more items. When this happens in Outlook I have to go to the bottom of the list of addresses starting with that letter or the end of my contacts and then arrow up and Jaws will read a few more and then stop speaking again. Now when I upgraded I was asked if I wanted to import settings or something like that and I said yes, though I don't recall having any settings set that have anything to do with this. So I'm wondering, is this an issue with Jaws 2021, or is there some setting or something that I can change so that Jaws will stop doing this? I'm just glad that my Braille display works when this happens. Now, I know some of you might suggest switching to an earlier version of Jaws, but I do these things on a daily basis, and besides I don't have any earlier versions of Jaws on this computer as I uninstalled 2018 after I upgraded. Running Jaws 2021, Outlook 2013, the latest Edge and Windows 10 2004. Thanks for any help/suggestions anyone can provide!!!!!
Madison

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.