moderated Re: Jaws 2021 question/problem

Richard Turner

Has anyone contacted FS support about this issue?
It won't get fixed if folks don't contact them directly.

I don't have so many people in my contacts that I need this feature, but if you do, providing direct feedback would help.

Richard, in the U.S.

"You know," said Arthur, "it's at times like this, when I'm trapped in a Vogon airlock with a man from Betelgeuse, and about to die of asphyxiation in deep space, that I really wish I'd listened to what my mother told me when I was young."
"Why, what did she tell you?"
"I don't know, I didn't listen."
-- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy

* I'm not the card shark
* My web site, www.turner42.com

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ron Pelletier
Sent: Monday, December 28, 2020 11:50 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws 2021 question/problem

Hi Madison,

It is a problem in JAWS 2021 which was there in 2020 also and was not fixed.
I wonder when they will fix it, hopefully In the next update.

Ron & Danvers

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Madison Martin
Sent: Monday, December 28, 2020 2:40 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Jaws 2021 question/problem

Hi all,
I upgraded to Jaws 2021 almost 2 weeks ago now and I have a problem that I've noticed. When I go to my favourites list in Edge, or when I go into contacts in Outlook, or start a new message in Outlook type a letter and then do ctrl k to bring up a list of addresses starting with that letter, Jaws will only read a few items and then stop speaking. When this happens in favourites I have to alt tab to something else and then alt tab back and then Jaws will start reading again, but then stops speaking again after reading a few more items. When this happens in Outlook I have to go to the bottom of the list of addresses starting with that letter or the end of my contacts and then arrow up and Jaws will read a few more and then stop speaking again. Now when I upgraded I was asked if I wanted to import settings or something like that and I said yes, though I don't recall having any settings set that have anything to do with this. So I'm wondering, is this an issue with Jaws 2021, or is there some setting or something that I can change so that Jaws will stop doing this? I'm just glad that my Braille display works when this happens. Now, I know some of you might suggest switching to an earlier version of Jaws, but I do these things on a daily basis, and besides I don't have any earlier versions of Jaws on this computer as I uninstalled 2018 after I upgraded. Running Jaws 2021, Outlook 2013, the latest Edge and Windows 10 2004. Thanks for any help/suggestions anyone can provide!!!!!
Madison

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.