From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Madison Martin
Sent: Monday, December 28, 2020 2:40 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Jaws 2021 question/problem

Hi all,
I upgraded to Jaws 2021 almost 2 weeks ago now and I have a problem that
I've noticed. When I go to my favourites list in Edge, or when I go into
contacts in Outlook, or start a new message in Outlook type a letter and
then do ctrl k to bring up a list of addresses starting with that letter,
Jaws will only read a few items and then stop speaking. When this happens in
favourites I have to alt tab to something else and then alt tab back and
then Jaws will start reading again, but then stops speaking again after
reading a few more items. When this happens in Outlook I have to go to the
bottom of the list of addresses starting with that letter or the end of my
contacts and then arrow up and Jaws will read a few more and then stop
speaking again. Now when I upgraded I was asked if I wanted to import
settings or something like that and I said yes, though I don't recall having
any settings set that have anything to do with this. So I'm wondering, is
this an issue with Jaws 2021, or is there some setting or something that I
can change so that Jaws will stop doing this? I'm just glad that my Braille
display works when this happens. Now, I know some of you might suggest
switching to an earlier version of Jaws, but I do these things on a daily
basis, and besides I don't have any earlier versions of Jaws on this
computer as I uninstalled 2018 after I upgraded. Running Jaws 2021, Outlook
2013, the latest Edge and Windows 10 2004. Thanks for any help/suggestions
anyone can provide!!!!!
Madison