moderated Re: Adjusting JAWS volume

Gezim Rexha

Hello all,

Further to my issue, finally I realized that what is causing the volume change on my PC is something called Dolby Audio, which all of the sudden and all the time gets turned off. Any idea how to resolve this issue?

With best wishes,

Gezim

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Alan Robbins
Sent: e shtunë, 19 dhjetor 2020 02:29
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Adjusting JAWS volume

Bill,

Doesn’t work for me, it simply moves volume up and down, same as left and right arrow. I have to hit application key then arrow down to mixer. Don’t understand why all systems don’t work the same

Al

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: Friday, December 18, 2020 8:13 PM

Hi, Alan. If you press ENTER on the Speakers icon in System Tray, there should be no need to press the Applications key. Arrowing down should reveal the Open Volume Mixer option.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Alan Robbins
Sent: Friday, December 18, 2020 5:00 PM

I had the same problem. I think Bill met hit the applications key, then arrow down. I did this and got to where he indicated.

Alan

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gezim Rexha
Sent: Friday, December 18, 2020 7:33 PM

Hi Bill,

Yes, I am running Windows 10, but when I pressed enter on Speakers, I did not see volume mixer. It said something like “speakers real teque high definition audio”, and volume left-right slider, one of one. When tabbing, the only option was “mute toggle check box not checked”.

I hope you will be able to explain this issue.

Best,

Gezim

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: e shtunë, 19 dhjetor 2020 01:18

Hi, Jezim. If you're running Windows 10, to adjust JAWS volume,

1. Look for the Speakers icon in System Tray, and press ENTER.

2. Arrow down to Volume Mixer, and press ENTER.

3. TAB to the Volume for JAWS for Windows FSSynth32 COM object slider, and adjust as desired.

4. TAB to the Volume for Application file for JAWS slider, and also adjust as desired.

5. This should set JAWS to its highest setting for the level for which you have the speakers set.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gezim Rexha
Sent: Friday, December 18, 2020 3:12 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Adjusting JAWS volume

Hi list,

For some reason, suddenly JAWS volume on my PC was lowered; I went to system tray and increased the speaker from 16 to 26 and now I can hear it better, but after restarting PC, I found JAWS volume on log on screen to high as set on 26, but after signing in, the unchanged set volume was still lower.

I tried experiencing this after upgrading JAWS, but I believe it is a coincidence.

Perhaps I was not able to explain the issue properly, so please feel free to ask me for clarifications.

Thank you in advance,

Gezim

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.