moderated Re: OCR with HP office pro 8020

Jim Weiss

When I went out to the HP site to see if the full driver was available I also noticed that particular printer has a firmware update also available. You may want to consider upgrading the firmware on the printer to make sure that it is running at its optimal performance.

On Dec 23, 2020, at 11:00 PM, Ann Byrne <annakb@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

´╗┐So this is what we--I admit, my son--did.

I removed HP Smart application and the scanner / printer from the Printers and Scanners applet. I then went to support.hp.com and instead of using the recommended HP Smart that I used initially I chose 'HP Easy Start Printer Setup Software' under the Software - Utility heading.

This runs for a while and you are presented with options to install HP Smart (Recommended) or Full Driver setup. I chose the latter and now the scanner works with OpenBook as well as with JAWS OCR