moderated Re: windows mail keeps closing

Melissa Stott <mstott789@...>

I have to agree.  Not a huge fan of Thunderbird either, but that’s just my opinion.

                                                                Melissa

From: David Griffith
Sent: Friday, December 25, 2020 2:32 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: windows mail keeps closing

Thunderbird is sporadically buggy with me but  the main reason I  will still use Windows Mail is the  absolutely fantastic preview facility where simply cursoring down the inbox of messages will cause enough of the email to be read out to in most cases not need it to be opened. In the vast majority of cases I just hit the delete key after hearing the first part of the message.

This ability to review messages without having to open them individually is a massive time saver if you get lots of email traffic from lists etc.

I have tried cudgelling settings in both Outlook and Thunderbird  but I  have never managed to set up similar automatic reading of messages as is so usefully available in Windows Mail. Setting up the preview pane in Outlook simply makes it grind to a halt and you have to tab into the preview pane anyway so you might as well open the message.

The only other Mail client where I can get this efficiency with a screenreader  is Apple Mail on a Mac using Voiceover, though I would be intensely interested if other  options are known to people on Windows.

David Griffith