moderated Re: windows mail keeps closing

Melissa Stott <mstott789@...>

I have to agree.  Not a huge fan of Thunderbird either, but that’s just my opinion.

Melissa

Sent: Friday, December 25, 2020 2:32 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: windows mail keeps closing

Thunderbird is sporadically buggy with me but  the main reason I  will still use Windows Mail is the  absolutely fantastic preview facility where simply cursoring down the inbox of messages will cause enough of the email to be read out to in most cases not need it to be opened. In the vast majority of cases I just hit the delete key after hearing the first part of the message.

This ability to review messages without having to open them individually is a massive time saver if you get lots of email traffic from lists etc.

I have tried cudgelling settings in both Outlook and Thunderbird  but I  have never managed to set up similar automatic reading of messages as is so usefully available in Windows Mail. Setting up the preview pane in Outlook simply makes it grind to a halt and you have to tab into the preview pane anyway so you might as well open the message.

The only other Mail client where I can get this efficiency with a screenreader  is Apple Mail on a Mac using Voiceover, though I would be intensely interested if other  options are known to people on Windows.

David Griffith

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Randy Barnett
Sent: 25 December 2020 17:41
Subject: Re: windows mail keeps closing

Why don’t you guys try Thunderbird? That’s pretty reliable and pretty accessible. I’ve been using it for years.

Randy Barnett

On Dec 25, 2020, at 9:13 AM, Melissa Stott <mstott789@...> wrote:

I seem to be having this problem also, especially when I try to go to the folders.  It seems to crash, and I have to close out and reopen it.  Very frustrating!

Melissa

Sent: Friday, December 25, 2020 6:22 AM
Subject: windows mail keeps closing

Good evening listers; first, using jaws 2021 and the latest version of windows.  When trying to read messages in windows mail, the program keeps closing.  Had this problem in  earlier versions of windows.  When I use NVDA  which I do not know how to use very well, there is no problem.  Just wondered if anyone else had this problem and wondered if there is a solution.  Merry Christmas to all.

Marv

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.