moderated Re: Scripts in default user disappeared and Jaws scripting mailing list

Cohn, Jonathan

OK, perhaps I was being a little harsh about the jaws-scripting list.
I do remember that one time when I told somebody that the JAWS-HELP functions have the ability to let you know what script is attached to a specific function, that somebody complained about this being very basic information. But here is a snippet that might help the original question:
,

If you need code samples, than you have to study JAWS
shared scripts.
They are inexhaustible collections of examples!
By the way, you can contact Vispero and could buy some
overpriced script writing training materials. But they
contain "common script writing guidelines" only.

On the other hand, the new FSDN much better than the
previous ones! You have to download it and look!

Back on the reference of a mailing list for doctors, let's say specifically urologist. If you wrote an inquiry asking why does it hurt when I urinate? I doubt anybody would appreciate answering. However if you ask a question giving several symtoms, and results of basic tests then there would be interest in answering the question.
Just like if everybody on the JFW list kept asking how do I get latest version of JAWs, there might be some grumpy people on list. In fact, the NVDA list admins, are fairly particular now, that people stay in a strict bandwidth.
Jonathan

On Dec 23, 2020, at 5:42 PM, Leo <literophilus@...> wrote:

Mario, I'm wondering the same here...!

Leo

“Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.”
― haruki murakami,

On 12/23/2020 2:25 PM, Mario wrote:
the scripting list on freelists doesn't sound like it's a good list if
one is just starting out in writing scripts. I wonder if there's a
more suitable list for newbee scripters with plenty of basic questions?