moderated Re: Scripts in default user disappeared and Jaws scripting mailing list

Leo

I'm sorry for the blank message I sent few minutes ago, I was fooling
around with Thunderbird.

Mario, the page located in GitHub is particularly interesting, I haven't
stumbled upon  this page when I was searching for online resources. The
Freedom Scientific documentation about scripting was actually the first
place I looked into.

Leo

“Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.”
― haruki murakami,

On 12/23/2020 8:13 PM, Mario wrote:
well, there's https://groups.io/g/jawsscripting but there's only 9
subscribers and I don't know how active it is since it was created on
Nov of 2017.

a couple of other resources to check out besides the built in help
system:

learning Jaws Scripting: a walkthrough
https://gist.github.com/BeastlyTheos/177004102bafda4b20e9b6e72863d29a?fbclid=IwAR3LNsFC3Ny66yAx8RknBpDEMXnJwa8h9lHj53NMkMMNEwFhd3F4X3WKH1s

Basics of JAWS Scripting intro and TOC:

https://support.freedomscientific.com/Content/Documents/Other/ScriptManual/01-0_Introduction.htm

From: Cohn, Jonathan via groups.io
[mailto:jonathan.c.cohn=icloud.com@groups.io]
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Date: Wednesday, December 23, 2020, 12:33 PM
mailing list
Hello,
It is possible that FS put script definitions in default.jsd that are
not in default.jss. Default.jss does include several "use" statements
that include code from other libraries. Also, the psd d files are used
for the command to insert a function in code, and for the  verification
that parameters are correctly listed for functions.
There is a JAWS scripting list on freelists. This list has most of the
professional scripters on it, so they get impatient if people ask fairly
simple questions. Also, if you ask can I get a script for Application X,
nobody will answer.
Please try to search the archive of over 10 years of scripting history
before asking a question.
Best of luck!
Jonathan Cohn

.