moderated Re: OCR with HP office pro 8020

Ann Byrne

So this is what we--I admit, my son--did.

I removed HP Smart application and the scanner / printer from the Printers and Scanners applet. I then went to support.hp.com and instead of using the recommended HP Smart that I used initially I chose 'HP Easy Start Printer Setup Software' under the Software - Utility heading.

This runs for a while and you are presented with options to install HP Smart (Recommended) or Full Driver setup. I chose the latter and now the scanner works with OpenBook as well as with JAWS OCR