moderated Re: how to get rid of Edge in start up?

Jason White

What's turned on in Startup Apps under System Settings?

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Don H
Sent: Wednesday, December 23, 2020 7:44 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: how to get rid of Edge in start up?

If you go to task manager and to the start up tab you can disable such things as Microsoft edge from starting.

On 12/23/2020 6:38 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Sat, Dec 19, 2020 at 02:03 PM, Stan Holdeman wrote:

Edge and a site called personal Microsoft comes up frequently at
start up. Seems to slow up start up quite a bit.

How do I get rid of this intrusion?

-
This is in no way, shape, or form "normal behavior." I don't have any
idea what's coming up, but if you have the opportunity to get sighted
assistance or use a service like Be My Eyes to have a look at what's
going on if the screen reader is not making it easy to figure out I'd
suggest going that route.

I have never seen Edge "starting automatically" such that it presents
a window and a webpage, whether at system startup or otherwise. I
would be very curious to know what's actually occurring here.

*One does not discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of
the shore for a very long time.*

~ André Gide