moderated Re: how to get rid of Edge in start up?

Don H

If you go to task manager and to the start up tab you can disable such things as Microsoft edge from starting.

On 12/23/2020 6:38 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Sat, Dec 19, 2020 at 02:03 PM, Stan Holdeman wrote:
Edge and a site called personal Microsoft comes up frequently at
start up. Seems to slow up start up quite a bit.
How do I get rid of this intrusion?
-
This is in no way, shape, or form "normal behavior."  I don't have any idea what's coming up, but if you have the opportunity to get sighted assistance or use a service like Be My Eyes to have a look at what's going on if the screen reader is not making it easy to figure out I'd suggest going that route.
I have never seen Edge "starting automatically" such that it presents a window and a webpage, whether at system startup or otherwise.  I would be very curious to know what's actually occurring here.
*One does not discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time.*
~ André Gide