moderated Re: how to get rid of Edge in start up?

On Sat, Dec 19, 2020 at 02:03 PM, Stan Holdeman wrote:

Edge and a site called personal Microsoft comes up frequently at start up. Seems to slow up start up quite a bit.

How do I get rid of this intrusion?

-
This is in no way, shape, or form "normal behavior."  I don't have any idea what's coming up, but if you have the opportunity to get sighted assistance or use a service like Be My Eyes to have a look at what's going on if the screen reader is not making it easy to figure out I'd suggest going that route.

I have never seen Edge "starting automatically" such that it presents a window and a webpage, whether at system startup or otherwise.  I would be very curious to know what's actually occurring here.

           ~ André Gide