moderated Re: Trouble reading MS word documents

Tom Behler

Jason:

You might be right about this.

And, that makes problems harder to resolve, because not everyone has the same experiences.

Recently, for example, I’ve been having issues with my Outlook address books.

I’m now no longer able to navigate through and edit e-mail group lists, and I have had to figure out an alternate way to copy e-mail addresses from my address books when needed.

I’ve contacted Freedom Scientific about these issues, and they acknowledge them.

They say they are related to Microsoft 365 updates.

It’s very frustrating, to say the least.

It makes me wonder whether the Microsoft accessibility people ever collaborate with Freedom Scientific prior to releasing updates.

Tom Behler

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jason White via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, December 23, 2020 3:52 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Trouble reading MS word documents

I’ve been receiving regular Office 365 (now Microsoft 365) updates, with no problems of this kind at all. In fact, I can’t remember the last time I encountered any sort of Office 365 regression The bugs that affect me seem to stay around from one version to another.

I don’t know why some people are encountering issues and others aren’t – it’s probably related to very specific configurations.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> on behalf of Tom Behler <tombehler@...>
Date: Wednesday, December 23, 2020 at 15:32
To: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io>

I have noticed this too, just this morning.

I had to go in and set view to draft, and now all is ok again.

Also, this morning, when my e-mail downloaded, it was arranged in some sort of a weird view which was not readable by Jaws.  Had to go in and manually change the view to descending order by date.

I suspect all of this might have been caused by yet another Microsoft 365 update.

Tom Behler

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jasmine Kotsay
Sent: Wednesday, December 23, 2020 12:20 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

Hi, Shirley,

I have not noticed this, but when I try reading a document later, I will see what happens.

On Dec 23, 2020, at 8:53 AM, Shirley Tracy <shirleytracy16@...> wrote:

Hello everyone,

Are any of you beginning to have trouble reading documents in MS Word? Or is it just me?

I wrote an important letter to a company a few days ago, and I was trying to read it today to make some changes before sending it. I had trouble simply reading line by line. Did something change? Or am I in The Twilight Zone?

Shirley Tracy

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.