moderated Re: Scripts in default user disappeared and Jaws scripting mailing list

mike mcglashon

Block quote:

There is a JAWS scripting list on freelists. This list has most of the professional scripters on it, so they get impatient if people ask fairly simple questions. Also, if you ask can I get a script for Application X, nobody will answer.

Please try to search the archive of over 10 years of scripting history before asking a question.

End quote:

Wow!!!

This seems counter-intuitive;

That’s like saying there’s a freelist for doctors,

And,

If anyone comes on there asking for remedies,

They will become impatient;

It would seem to me that the scripters would take advantage of those of us who don’t know how to do it,

In order to make a living.

After all,

If I offer to purchase one’s services to make me a script,

Why wouldn’t they do it?

Please advise as you like.

Mike M.

Mike mcglashon

Email: Michael.mcglashon@...

It is possible that FS put script definitions in default.jsd that are not in default.jss. Default.jss does include several "use" statements that include code from other libraries. Also, the psd d files are used for the command to insert a function in code, and for the  verification that parameters are correctly listed for functions.
There is a JAWS scripting list on freelists. This list has most of the professional scripters on it, so they get impatient if people ask fairly simple questions. Also, if you ask can I get a script for Application X, nobody will answer.
Please try to search the archive of over 10 years of scripting history before asking a question.
Best of luck!
Jonathan Cohn