moderated Re: Writage website trouble?

Jessica D <jldail13@...>

Hi Bill,

Thanks so much for your question.

Yes, I had an Apex previously and liked it, but my elBraille paired with my focus, is so much better.

The Apex uses Keynote Gold as its TTS engine, and cannot be changed, at least that I know of.

With Jaws and your elBraille, you can use eloquence, which is what I’m using at the moment, or you can also use Vocalizer, along with the voices that come with Windows 10.

Notes:

The elBraille 40 5th generation is a screenless Windows 10 computer.

There is an HDMI port, which will allow you to connect to a monitor if ncec.

The elBraille requires both a focus braille display and Jaws.

Unless you absolutely have to use the professional version of JAWS, I highly recommend jumping on the “home annual license” bandwagon, as it makes Jaws way more affordable.

As for using a pearl camera and openBook, I sincerely apologize, but I can’t help you there, because I’ve never used those programs.

Perhaps, you could ask here, or call Vispero, and get your questions answered that way.

If you can, I highly recommend speaking to either Ron Miller or Jeff McCullough.

They’ve both helped me, and are extremely knowledgible.

Thanks, and I hope that helps,

Jessica