moderated Re: Writage website trouble?

Jessica D <jldail13@...>

Hi Bill,

Thanks so much for your question.

Yes, I had an Apex previously and liked it, but my elBraille paired with my focus, is so much better.

The Apex uses Keynote Gold as its TTS engine, and cannot be changed, at least that I know of.

With Jaws and your elBraille, you can use eloquence, which is what I’m using at the moment, or you can also use Vocalizer, along with the voices that come with Windows 10.

Notes:

The elBraille 40 5th generation is a screenless Windows 10 computer.

There is an HDMI port, which will allow you to connect to a monitor if ncec.

The elBraille requires both a focus braille display and Jaws.

Unless you absolutely have to use the professional version of JAWS, I highly recommend jumping on the “home annual license” bandwagon, as it makes Jaws way more affordable.

As for using a pearl camera and openBook, I sincerely apologize, but I can’t help you there, because I’ve never used those programs.

Perhaps, you could ask here, or call Vispero, and get your questions answered that way.

If you can, I highly recommend speaking to either Ron Miller or Jeff McCullough.

They’ve both helped me, and are extremely knowledgible.

Thanks, and I hope that helps,

Jessica

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill Tessore
Sent: Tuesday, December 22, 2020 6:20 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Writage website trouble?

Hi Jessica, I am afraid I can’t help you with that. However, I do have a Sidenote question for you about your El Braille experience. I have asked the VA to get me a 40 cell El Braille  and train me on it. I am working on becoming a literary braille transcriber and I felt it would serve that need better than my Apex. so, do you have experience with the Apex? if so, how does it seem to compare to the El Braille? I intend to use it in concert with the open book software and pearl scanner. The problem I ran into when converting Open Book  docs to word docs is figuring out what parts of text have specialized font face formats. things like italics, bold face and underlined text. I figure the braille display could help me identify such things more easily than JAWS. BTW, good luck with your issue.

Shalom,

Bill Tessore

On Dec 22, 2020, at 1:36 PM, Jessica D <jldail13@...> wrote:

Hi,

Recently, I was listening to an episode of Mosen At Large, in which Jonathan Mosen discussed and demonstrated Writage, which is a plug-in for Microsoft Word, that allows the writing and editing of markdown.

I was just attempting to browse their website, using the latest version of Google Chrome, and Jaws on my elBraille, but focus keeps jumping all over the place.

I looked at the site on my pc the other night, and didn’t have this issue.

Can anyone try to shed some light on what might be happening here?

Thanks,

Jessica

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.