moderated Re: Writage website trouble?

Bill Tessore

Hi Jessica, I am afraid I can’t help you with that. However, I do have a Sidenote question for you about your El Braille experience. I have asked the VA to get me a 40 cell El Braille  and train me on it. I am working on becoming a literary braille transcriber and I felt it would serve that need better than my Apex. so, do you have experience with the Apex? if so, how does it seem to compare to the El Braille? I intend to use it in concert with the open book software and pearl scanner. The problem I ran into when converting Open Book  docs to word docs is figuring out what parts of text have specialized font face formats. things like italics, bold face and underlined text. I figure the braille display could help me identify such things more easily than JAWS. BTW, good luck with your issue.

Shalom,

Bill Tessore
billtessore@...

On Dec 22, 2020, at 1:36 PM, Jessica D <jldail13@...> wrote:

Hi,

Recently, I was listening to an episode of Mosen At Large, in which Jonathan Mosen discussed and demonstrated Writage, which is a plug-in for Microsoft Word, that allows the writing and editing of markdown.

I was just attempting to browse their website, using the latest version of Google Chrome, and Jaws on my elBraille, but focus keeps jumping all over the place.

I looked at the site on my pc the other night, and didn’t have this issue.

Can anyone try to shed some light on what might be happening here?

Thanks,

Jessica