moderated Re: Lenovo laptop and function keys

Bonnie,

             Unless you have a laptop that does not have a keyboard that includes a number pad, I would avoid using laptop layout if you're not used to it.  The main reason (at least in my opinion) for the existence of laptop layout is that it was once far more common than it is now for a laptop keyboard to have no number pad.  But if yours has got one, use desktop layout instead.

           ~ André Gide