moderated Re: gmail question

James Benstead

Hi Madison,

To add a forwarding address in GMail (instructions copied from https://support.google.com/mail/answer/10957?hl=en-GB):

  1. On your computer, open Gmail using the account that you want to forward messages from. You can only forward messages for a single Gmail address, not for an email group or alias.
  2. In the top right, click Settings Settings and then See all settings.
  3. Click on the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
  4. In the "Forwarding" section, click Add a forwarding address.
  5. Enter the email address that you want to forward messages to.
  6. Click Next and then Proceed and then OK.
  7. A verification message will be sent to that address. Click the verification link in that message.
  9. Click on the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
  10. In the 'Forwarding' section, select Forward a copy of incoming emails to.
  11. Choose what you want to happen with the Gmail copy of your emails. We recommend that you Keep Gmail's copy in the Inbox.
  12. At the bottom of the page, click Save Changes.
GMail is pretty accessible, but if those instructions don't work for you with JAWS let me know and I'll try to put something together more specific.

Jim

--
Too brief? Here's why! http://emailcharter.org

On Mon, 21 Dec 2020 at 02:14, Madison Martin <maddymartin@...> wrote:
Hi all,
I just created a gmail account, can someone please tell me how to set it so that
messages from it are forwarded to this address (the one that I'm writing this
message from)? I assume it's in settings, but after that I'm not sure where to
go, I have no experience with gmail. Thanks for any help, much appreciated!!
Madison