moderated Re: encoding characters when translating jaws scripts

Soronel Haetir

You have to either somehow mark the document (or at least the section
under consideration) as containing Spanish. This will depend on the
document type, word, HTML etc and I can't help you actually do it.

Or you need to set jaws to use a Spanish voice by default.

If running an English-localized jaws then Eloquence is often not going
to speak non-English words in a reasonable way.

On 12/18/20, Leo <literophilus@myself.com> wrote:
Hello everyone, here I come with another question regarding Jaws scripts.

I have successfully translated  one simple script, and it has been
successfully tested by myself. However, I'm facing a problem with the
character ó  in Spanish. For some reason, when the eloquence verbalizes
the message in which this character is clustered, it doesn't read
properly because eloquence reads the name of the character instead of
the actual word.

This happens in all the words that contain the tilde character. I made
sure to be encoding the file in UTF 8 when I edited the .JSD and the
.JSM files, but the problem persists. Any idea on how to get this
problem fixed?

--
Leo

“Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.”
― haruki murakami,

--
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@gmail.com