moderated Re: winboard chess game.

James Benstead

https://lichess.org/ claims to be accessible -- I've never checked it out directly, but here's a blog post from a few years ago that outlines what they did to improve their accessibility.

Lichess works through the browser, and lets you play against a human opponent (which it can match you with) or against the computer.

--
Too brief? Here's why! http://emailcharter.org

On Fri, 18 Dec 2020 at 04:43, Chris Hill <hillco@...> wrote:
I'm interested in playing chess against my computer, and this seems like
the way to do it, but for two things: first of all, it won't stop
speaking the time all the time, and second of all, it is hard to hear
the last move made on the first go because of the time, and it doesn't
seem to speak all of it when I read it through the jaws menu.
This version is 4.52.

Any ideas?  I'd change programs if that would help.