moderated Re: Translating scripts from one language into another

Leo

hi Norman,

I understand, but how do I actually  open  the .jsm file?

Leo

“Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.”
― haruki murakami,

On 12/17/2020 10:17 AM, Nermin via groups.io wrote:
Hi,

when translating scripts, there is not really a single software you're
going to use, since most scripts have multiple messages and usage
hints accross various files.

Most scripts will use .jsm files containing the strings to be
localised, while some messages may also be contained in .jsd
documentation files (keyboard help with JAWSKey+1).

Doug lee has worked with a lot of folks so he knows how to structure
his files such that they're not too hard to translate.

Look for quotation marks with messages that are spoken or Brailled
while using a particular programme.

Not sure if that was remotely helpful, that's all I know from some of
my projects, though.

Regards,

Nermin