moderated Re: Translating scripts from one language into another

Nermin

Hi,

when translating scripts, there is not really a single software you're going to use, since most scripts have multiple messages and usage hints accross various files.

Most scripts will use .jsm files containing the strings to be localised, while some messages may also be contained in .jsd documentation files (keyboard help with JAWSKey+1).

Doug lee has worked with a lot of folks so he knows how to structure his files such that they're not too hard to translate.

Look for quotation marks with messages that are spoken or Brailled while using a particular programme.

Not sure if that was remotely helpful, that's all I know from some of my projects, though.

Regards,

Nermin