moderated Re: Filling out .'df forms with JAWS?

Cohn, Jonathan

Google brings back several results including Youtube videos when searching for creating accessible pdf forms. I believe you do need a PDF tool and can’t just export a Word form.
Both Adobe Acrobat and CommonLook claim to be able to create accessible PDF forms.
For more complicated forms where JavaScript is used to calculate results, then you might want to look at contacting a company that does this. There are several PDF accessibility contractors in the United States.
Jonathan

On Dec 16, 2020, at 10:04 AM, Ann Byrne <annakb@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

My employer wants to know whether there is a way to code pdf's so that JAWS can recognize the form fields and accept a response. I presume this is possible? what has to be done in order to make it happen?
Thanks for the help,
Ann