moderated Re: Using fusion with laptop layout

Scott Pearl

Thank you I didn't know that about the ThinkPad. When I was recently buying a laptop I was in Best Buy moving from computer to computer testing this out and the Lenovo I tried must not have been an ThinkPad and I assumed all computers from the same brand were the same.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joe
Sent: Friday, December 11, 2020 2:44 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Using fusion with laptop layout

That is not entirely true. If the Lenovo is a ThinkPad the FN + Escape key works as well. I have two different models of the ThinkPad Lenovo and this combination works. However, the Lenovo Ideal Pad does required a different method. Thanks, for letting us know about the Dell and Asus I did not know you could use that combination.
Joe
Picture of Owl with Mortar Board and Computer Dr. Joe L. Todd CVRT
Phone: 616.951.2142

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Scott Pearl
Sent: Friday, December 11, 2020 4:36 PM

The FN key is 3 to the left of the space bar. You'll need to use it each time you use a function key. If your laptop is a Dell or Asus, you can toggle what these function keys do by pressing Function Escape. If it's an HP or Lenovo you'll need to go into the bios.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bonnie Vegiard
Sent: Friday, December 11, 2020 2:30 PM

Yes, I think I am. Where is the Effen key and do I need to use it every time I try to use a function key?

On Dec 11, 2020, at 3:29 PM, Joe DiNero <joedinero68@gmail.com> wrote:

Are you having issues with your other function keys? If so you probably need to use the Fn key.

Joe

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bonnie
Vegiard
Sent: Friday, December 11, 2020 4:11 PM
Subject: Using fusion with laptop layout

Hi everyone,
I recently got a new laptop and have installed fusion 2021. The start up wizard did not ask me about laptop or desktop layout. Nothing is working the way I expect it to, including alt F4 does not close anything. Do I need to change the layout, and how do I do that? I have tried to find it in the help topics, but can’t find anything. I can’t even get a context menu to open up using the alt key. Help! Thank you.

Bonnie Vegiard

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.