moderated Re: Using fusion with laptop layout

Bonnie Vegiard

The Lenovo model is 81W0

On Dec 11, 2020, at 3:48 PM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

On Fri, Dec 11, 2020 at 04:43 PM, Bonnie Vegiard wrote:
So I have to use the Effen key every time I want to use one of the function keys as a function key?
-
Yes, you would have to use the F N key along with the JAWS key and whatever function key.  If it was normally JAWS+F6 it would require JAWS+F N+F6.

However, most people simply turn off the media keys feature on laptops if they're going to be using a screen reader, and that's whether they prefer (or must use, due to lack of a number pad) the laptop or desktop layout for JAWS or any other screen reader.

           ~ André Gide