moderated Re: Converting from .oga format to mp3.

Marty,

I found the FileInfo File Information Database site to be very helpful. Here is its link:

https://fileinfo.com/

Alan Lemly

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Marty Hutchings
Sent: Friday, December 11, 2020 12:01 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Converting from .oga format to mp3.

What is a .oga file and what program creates them or plays them?

Love in Christ
Marty
If we view this present life as our primary goal, we will agree with William Shakespeare who said: Life is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. From TODAY IN THE WORD June 1, 2020 -----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, December 11, 2020 10:51 AM

Hm, yes, I think the counter has been around for a really long time -- at least since 2010, when I think it was that I purchased the thing. Wow, that was a long time ago, now.

Some people on these lists recommend MP3 Direct Cut. I've never really been convinced to use it as I like GW and if I go to another audio editor, it's probably going to be Reaper at this point. But you could try and see if it suits your needs. It definitely doesn't have a lot of features but depending on how much editing you want to do, it might be good enough.
Otherwise, try Audacity? It's very functional, multi-track, and free. Not necessarily the easiest thing to get your head around; the interface is weird and the processing a bit slow. My podcast cohost, who does most of the tech stuff, insists that it's badly programmed. However I remember having success with it several years back. There's also a fair amount of documentation, including the VIP software guide for screen-reader users.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Glenn / Lenny
Sent: December 11, 2020 10:37 AM

I thought that the demo of gold wave only brought up the help file when launched, but now it has a counter and it stops working after 200 actions, so I need another audio editor.
GW is 60 dollars to purchase, or 20 dollars per year.
That is more than I want to spend, more like 20 dollars for the unlimited time would be more like it for me.
So another recommendation would be good.
Glenn
----- Original Message -----
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, December 11, 2020 12:38 AM

If you have a lot of files use gold wave. It does batch conversions. The free demo is fully functional for 30 days. Well, at least it used to be.
I haven't used it for awhile.

On 12/8/2020 11:25 PM, Tim Ford wrote:
Hello All,

Does anyone know a JAWS friendly way to convert a music file from the
.oga format to .mp3?

Tim Ford

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.