moderated Re: Jaws SMA

David Diamond

Segart, hope I spelled that correctly.  I understand where you are coming from.  Personally I got the previous SMA paid for by a government program.  I knew it was  running out so made sure of the cost and made sure I could cover the next SMA which takes me into 2022.  Some live from pay cheque to pay cheque and others do not prioritize properly. Every month the local food bank closes for cleaning the day after ones on disability get their cheque.  Where do these patrons of the food bank eat that day?  At the Chinese restaurant across the street where the average meal is around $15.  No, it is not handed to them, they pay for the meal.  Often on payday and after, for ones on welfare you see them at Starbucks. I never forgot when cigarettes were cheaper, a man could not buy meat because he had a pack or carton in his shopping cart.  The cashier kindly suggested he could put the pack or carton of cigarettes back so he could purchase the meat, he declined. Vices can be crippling.  Yes, I have mine too.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: December 11, 2020 8:11 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws SMA

Sorry, but I beg to differ and I certainly didn't mean to be rude. Yes, we all have our vices, you may have noticed I didn't even bring up cigarettes or alcohol, I was just making a point how inexpensive a Jaws SMA really is when compared to the little items in life most of us buy on a regular bases and often on a much more regular bases than a Jaws SMA.

As for being happy with 2019 that is great, but I believe you have been a Jaws user also for quite a long time and you probably got to version 2019 by buying SMA's. To think you can now stop and never buy an SMA again is probably a mistake. Windows 10 has been evolving very quickly, so much so that even now people who still have Jaws 2018 are not having a very good experience any more. This will in my opinion continue and that is exactly the reason why I am a very big proponent of just buying your SMA every two years and to keep up-to-date. Just last week a young lady from Manitoba was asking about upgrading from Jaws 2018 to Jaws 2021 and I believe here in Canada that was an upgrade cost of over $600 Canadian. Had she bought an SMA for 2019 and 2020 and, after Jaws 2020 came out bought a second SMA which would cover 2021 and next year's Jaws 2022, she would have paid two times $165 or $330 which is pretty much half of what it costs now. You could probably still buy an SMA to cover 2020 and 2021, after Jaws 2022 comes out next year you would first have to also find out from Vispero how much additional you have to pay to catch up again. This is just my opinion, but I just really don't think this is an item where one should try to save $6.875 a month as having full access to the latest version of Windows, the latest versions of Chromium based browsers and so on at least in my opinion gives me a lot more pleasure and satisfaction than I get from a couple of bags of Doridos or whatever is my poison.