Sent: Friday, December 11, 2020 9:47 AM
Subject: Re: Jaws SMA

The $90 is the subscription price in US currency, if and when Vispero offers a subscription based model here I assume it would be $119 or $129 per year depending on the exchange rate.

I believe in the US the Jaws Home SMA is $120 so just as with the $165 Canadian this works out to $60 a year with an SMA giving you 2 major updates so basically updates for 2 years.

But I also heard the cost for the SMA is supposed to go up, if and when and by how much I don't know, but I assume Vispero may like the subscription approach which means regular income even though it also means no more expensive one-time purchase costs for somebody who buys Jaws for the first time. Yes, for somebody who had Jaws for a long time it's currently cheaper to buy the SMA, but still paying $90 a year ($7.50 a month) in the US or $120 a year ($10 a month) here in Canada really is still a pretty affordable way to own Jaws. I always had a bit of a hard time understanding the complaints people had about Jaws being so horribly expensive to maintain, but currently in the US we are talking $5 a month if you break down the $120 SMA cost over 24 months and even people who are on some sort of income assistance and so on often spend more than that on less important things each month. At $165 this works out to $6.875 a month in Canadian Dollars which is about the price of an expensive cup of coffee, a couple of bags of Doridos, a few candy bars and on goes the list of all the little items many of us buy on a regular bases but don't really need.

Best regards,

Sieghard

Sent: Thursday, December 10, 2020 9:16 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

Yes, it is, plus, if, for some reason, you are unable to pay for the SMA at the end of the two years, your JAWS won't go back into 40-minute mode, the way it would if you were unable to pay the $90 subscription.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...