moderated Re: Jaws SMA

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Yes, it is, plus, if, for some reason, you are unable to pay for the SMA at the end of the two years, your JAWS won't go back into 40-minute mode, the way it would if you were unable to pay the $90 subscription.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of David Diamond
Sent: Thursday, December 10, 2020 7:28 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws SMA

Now, is that the home edition?  I scaled down to home and it cost me $165 Canadian.  Because I am registered with the Canadian National institute for the blind (CNIB) it made me tax exempt. Thus no taxes on the SMA. Now with all this subscription talk, it seems at $90 per year, it is cheaper to pay for 2 years of SMA at $165 rather then $180.    

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Loy
Sent: December 10, 2020 7:04 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

Last year I had Fusion, ZT and JAWS, I became totally blind so no longer needed Fusion and ZT so FS reduced my SMA to just JAWS for $150., well actually $120 because I purchased it during convention.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Thursday, December 10, 2020 3:59 PM

Just wanted to update with my experience:

I called Freedom Scientific because the SMA page kept on resulting in an error for me when I entered my serial number. I got connected to a representative fairly quickly and she explained that since I had Fusion that it would cost me $270 for two more years of updates (for ZoomText, Fusion and JAWS). I just wanted to report this for anyone else who may be interested in how much it would cost others in my situation.

Get those SMAs before January 1st!

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.