moderated Re: Please help--MS update question

On Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 09:04 PM, Bill White wrote:
If you have an update in your windows updates that says download and install, that is the 20H2 update, waiting for you to download and install it.
-
Bill, you'd be absolutely correct 99 and 44 one-hundreths percent of the time.  But you can get Download and install links for preview cumulative updates and certain optional ones.  Right now on my 1909 machine there is an optional cumulative update sitting there in Download and install state, and I intend to skip it.

Always check to see what the update is before clicking a Download and install link, even though the vast majority of the time it will be a feature update.

           ~ André Gide