moderated Re: Please help--MS update question

Richard Turner

To be thorough, the minus key is the top right key on the numpad and after you are done, press the plus key to go back to the standard PC/virtual cursor.

Richard

"The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject of flying.

There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

--Douglas Adams, from Life, The Universe and Everything, p.59

Check out my web site at: www.turner42.com

*I’m not the card shark

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Thursday, December 10, 2020 10:27 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Please help--MS update question

You press the minus key on the numpad and it will say Jaws scan, then arrow down and you will hear all that you need line by line.

Richard

"The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject of flying.

There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

--Douglas Adams, from Life, The Universe and Everything, p.59

Check out my web site at: www.turner42.com

*I’m not the card shark

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Thursday, December 10, 2020 10:22 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Please help--MS update question

Shirley,

You're certainly not alone, as that's the latest cumulative update that's in the process of rolling out.  I cannot remember the JAWS terminology, and this may be it, but you may need to virtualize the Update History screen in order to have the line after the one that is the link for a given update read.  It will tell you if the update was successful, or failed, and give the date or date/time (respectively, I think, it's been a while since I've had a failure).

I'm not running JAWS at the moment, so I can't say much of anything with regard to this cumulative update and JAWS other than there seems to be no widespread chatter about JAWS issues and this cumulative update.  It's been rolling out for a couple of days now and generally if something consistently breaks as a result you tend to start hearing about that pretty promptly.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042  

One does not discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time.

~ André Gide

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.