moderated Re: Please help--MS update question

Mike B.

Hi Shirley,

What do you mean when you say you're having problems reading words and lines?

For the selected and unselected being spoken, try the following:
1. Press, Insert + 6, on the number row above the main keyboard to open the Settings Center, now press, control, shift , + D, to open the Settings Center Default All Applications.

2. Down arrow to, Text Processing closed, and right arrow to open.

3. Down arrow to, General closed, and right arrow to open.

4. Down arrow to, List Item, and here you want to press the spacebar to toggle through your options.  When you hear Jaws report, Unselected, stop.

5. Tab to, Apply, press the spacebar, tab to, Okay, press enter to save and close.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.

From: Shirley Tracy [mailto:shirleytracy16@...]
To: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io>
Date: Thursday, December 10, 2020, 11:50 AM
Subject: Please help--MS update question
This morning, there was a notice of a Windows update. I did’t think
much about it…until I let it update. Now, things aren’t working the
same. Does anyone have a problem reading lines or words? And how do I
stop JAWS from saying “select” and “not selected” for nearly everything?

Shirley Tracy

.