From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of tina sohl
Sent: Wednesday, December 9, 2020 10:46 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Office 365

Hi. We just subscribed to office 365 over the weekend and have a month
to try it and see if we like it. One thing i did was turn on the
option to autosave to one drive, but how do you turn that off if you
want to and can anyone give us any other tips to get going with it or
are there training tips on the website for jaws. thanks in advance.

On Wed, Dec 9, 2020 at 10:20 AM, Richard Turner wrote:

All the assistive Tech instructors I worked with turned off the virtual
ribbons, or rather, did not turn them on because it is best to learn to
use them like everyone else.
-
I'm glad to hear that this philosophy is shared widely. It is always best
to know how to actually interact with any given operating system or piece of
application software using its native interface. And unless you believe the
only computer you'll ever use is your own, it makes jumping on to another so
much easier when you already know how without using unnecessary intermediary
software.

Using Ribbons to Control Program Functions in Microsoft Windows - G. Asner (
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1uTKhZZxWZ2QtF3KQgFCnO__gDdBKWmEn
)
Using the Ribbon Interface in Windows via the Keyboard (
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B98uELZbPFnOTUI1dDhDaHpwTk0
)

The ribbons are menus, they simply have a slightly different traversal
interface. Once you know how to traverse them . . .

*One does not discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the
shore for a very long time.*

~ André Gide