From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Pat Byrne
Sent: Tuesday, December 8, 2020 2:47 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: 2nd sound card for Jaws, retaining settings

Norma,
I am using a similar setup to yours. Mine was a bit unstable at first but,
cross my fingers, it has been stable for a couple of years.
On the other hand, we tried a separarte USB card in my wife's desktop and it
never functioned successfully.
There are too many variables to get a handle on.
Good luck.
Pat ByrneAt 09:07 PM 12/7/2020, you wrote:

Hi group,

I hope everyone is doing well. I have my Jaws
2020 going through a USB sound card. I have all other sounds going
through my default sound card to external speakers. I am running into
times when Jaws gets set back to the default sound card and the system
sounds come through my headphones. Or all sounds come through the
default card (external speakers) Â or through the headphones. Or Jaws
goes through the default card and the system sounds through my
headphones.

How can I get Jaws and Windows 10 to retain my settings? I need to keep
this setup for hosting Zoom meetings.

I have downloaded System Volume View but haven’t installed it yet.
Would working with this program to set profiles for different
configurations be easier than working with the Win 10 settings?

Thanks for reading,

Norma

--
HAVE A MAGNIFICENT DAY