moderated Re: reputation-based protection

Leo

Hi, I'm using jaws 2021 and I've had no trouble regarding this matter so far; however,  in connection with reputation based protection, I want to say that, it's a vexing matter, no doubt, but a necessary one because if you ever got  your PC infected with a Trojan that is redirecting your browser, this feature will prevent these usually harmful pages from loading.

Leo

“Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.”
― haruki murakami,
On 12/9/2020 10:11 AM, Bill White wrote:

Hi, Mario. Turning on or off any option in reputation-based protection is
strictly a personal matter, and as I told Stan, I turned off all options in
this category, because I don't go to any dangerous sites, and I don't want
Windows or my browser to prevent me from downloading files. After I download
them, I can use the Context Menu to have Windows Security scan the file
before I install it.

Bill White
billwhite92701@...

From: Bill White [mailto:billwhite92701@...]
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Date: Wednesday, December 9, 2020, 10:37 AM
Subject: reputation-based protection
Hi, Stan. I don't think turning on reputation-based protection has
caused any conflicts with JAWS 2021 for me. The reason I left
reputation-based protection turned off is that I didn't need my
antivirus and my browser telling me about supposed threats, and causing
me not to be able to download files which I know to be harmless. I can
get along with only my antivirus telling me about supposed threats. Once
I get the file, I can scan that one file with Windows Security, and make
sure it isn't a threat.

I will write you privately, in case you would like me to tandem into
your computer, and talk over with you what you want to be left turned
on, and what you want turned off. I will also give my phone number,
since that will facilitate talking with you as I work with your computer.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...