moderated Re: reputation-based protection

On Wed, Dec 9, 2020 at 11:12 AM, Bill White wrote:
Turning on or off any option in reputation-based protection is strictly a personal matter
-
Yep.  The only thing I'll add to that is if you have reputation-based protection turned on, and it's flagging something you know to be safe, e.g. the JAWS installer itself, then you really need to report this.

Were it to be something like the JAWS installer, I'd report the situation to Freedom Scientific or the appropriate software maker, as their contacts with Microsoft to rectify this sort of issue are more direct than any end user's is.  But it doesn't hurt to report it via the Feedback Hub to Microsoft as well.  I've had false positives rectified, usually in less than 24 hours, using each of these methods at one time or another.  Sometimes the "best guess" of security software is wrong, and it will tend to err on the side of being more aggressively protective when uncertainty exists.

           ~ André Gide