moderated Re: Office 365

On Wed, Dec 9, 2020 at 10:20 AM, Richard Turner wrote:
All the assistive Tech instructors I worked with turned off the virtual ribbons, or rather, did not turn them on because it is best to learn to use them like everyone else.
-
I'm glad to hear that this philosophy is shared widely.  It is always best to know how to actually interact with any given operating system or piece of application software using its native interface.  And unless you believe the only computer you'll ever use is your own, it makes jumping on to another so much easier when you already know how without using unnecessary intermediary software.

Using Ribbons to Control Program Functions in Microsoft Windows - G. Asner
Using the Ribbon Interface in Windows via the Keyboard

The ribbons are menus, they simply have a slightly different traversal interface.  Once you know how to traverse them . . .

           ~ André Gide