moderated Re: Office 365

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

What makes sense for many does not mean it makes sense for all and I am sure there are still plenty of Jaws users who like the virtual ribbon feature.
I also wonder why Vispero does not get rid of the Research It feature in Jaws, the only time I ever use it at all is a few times a year when I want to look up an area code and while I admit that is relatively simple using Research It, it really is not any more difficult using Google or I can simply ask my Google Home speaker, but then of course not everybody has a Google speaker or other smart speaker.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mario
Sent: Wednesday, December 9, 2020 7:50 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Office 365

when I hear about not using the virtual ribbons, I wonder why doesn't FS/Vispero just get rid of it.

-------- Original Message --------
From: Richard Turner [mailto:richardturner42@outlook.com]
To: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io>
Date: Wednesday, December 9, 2020, 10:04 AM
Subject: Office 365
All the assistive Tech instructors I worked with turned off the virtual ribbons, or rather, did not turn them on because it is best to learn to use them like everyone else.
You cause yourself more convoluted steps to go through if you use them.
Virtual Ribbons was introduced in Jaws 12 as a way of dealing with the new ribbon structure.
Since both Jaws and office have improved a lot over the years, it is best to just learn to use them as they are.

Richard
"The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject of flying.
There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
--Douglas Adams, from Life, The Universe and Everything, p.59

Check out my web site at: www.turner42.com

*I'm not the card shark

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Andrew Summers via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, December 9, 2020 4:35 AM

How do you do that?

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: 09 December 2020 07:00

If you use Jaws you can enable what is called Virtual Ribbons, they convert the ribbon menus to a more traditional menu. However, I highly reecommend you simply get used to the ribbon menu, it's here to stay at least for now and in my opinion it's better to learn how to deal with it.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tony Sohl
Sent: Tuesday, December 8, 2020 10:04 PM
Subject: Office 365

Hi my wife and I got the family plan for Microsoft Offic e 365 and we are learing how to use it with JAWS for Windows.

Are there training tutorials on Freedom's page? Also, when using word, is there a way to get rid of the ribbons if you don't want to use them?

--
Sent from my Windows 10 HP

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.