moderated Re: reputation-based protection

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Stan. I don't think turning on reputation-based protection has caused any conflicts with JAWS 2021 for me. The reason I left reputation-based protection turned off is that I didn't need my antivirus and my browser telling me about supposed threats, and causing me not to be able to download files which I know to be harmless. I can get along with only my antivirus telling me about supposed threats. Once I get the file, I can scan that one file with Windows Security, and make sure it isn't a threat.

I will write you privately, in case you would like me to tandem into your computer, and talk over with you what you want to be left turned on, and what you want turned off. I will also give my phone number, since that will facilitate talking with you as I work with your computer.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Stan Holdeman
Sent: Wednesday, December 9, 2020 7:30 AM
To: JFW list (main@jfw.groups.io)
Subject: reputation-based protection

Good morning List: Since upgrading to Windows version 20H2 I have various problems in windows and jaws version 2021.

Soon after upgrade to 20H2, Windows Security notified me that they wanted ne to turn on reputation-based protection which I did. I am wondering if this might have created conflict with Jaws 2021.

Any thoughts on this?

Stan

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.