moderated Re: 2nd sound card for Jaws, retaining settings

Randy Barnett

Yeah this definitely is not normal behavior. You might want to try reinstalling the sound car drivers and the USB sound card. It’s a basic question but have you tried restarting your computer?

Randy Barnett

On Dec 7, 2020, at 7:07 PM, Norma A. Boge <naboge@...> wrote:

Hi group,

I hope everyone is doing well. I have my Jaws 2020 going through a USB sound card. I have all other sounds going through my default sound card to external speakers. I am running into times when Jaws gets set back to the default sound card and the system sounds come through my headphones. Or all sounds come through the default card (external speakers)  or through the headphones. Or Jaws goes through the default card and the system sounds through my headphones.

How can I get Jaws and Windows 10 to retain my settings? I need to keep this setup for hosting Zoom meetings.

I have downloaded System Volume View but haven’t installed it yet. Would working with this program to set profiles for different configurations be easier than working with the Win 10 settings?

Thanks for reading,

Norma