moderated Re: Help With Setting Up Microsoft Edge

Rick Miller

Dear Brian:

When I had Chrome as my default browser, the minute I opened it my home page would pop up right away.  When I get into Microsoft Edge I find it doesn’t.  Instead, the address bar pops up.  I got into Settings, found Appearance in the Treeview, checked the Show Home page button.  I indicated I wanted Facebook to be my home page and saved the Setting, but Facebook is not popping up when I start up Edge after having closed it out.

Rick Miller

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Saturday, December 05, 2020 2:43 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Help With Setting Up Microsoft Edge

On Sat, Dec 5, 2020 at 05:33 PM, Don H wrote:

If the settings screen isn't maximized the other options such as privacy do not show

-
Interesting.  I never run practically any program with the screen other than maximized.  I'll have things like File Explorer or Search Everything not maximized, but web browsers are always maximized.

When I did a "restore down" it did cause a "hamburger stack" menu button to appear so that you can get to the other tabs besides profile.

What's even more interesting is this behavior is not present in Edge Dev build, which is what I generally use.  All Settings tabs stay visible even when not maximized.  I wonder if the behavior is going to be changing in production Edge in the coming months?

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042  

One does not discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time.

~ André Gide

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.