moderated Re: upgrading Jaws

As an aside, unless you have a very old computer, at this point it's almost certain that you have a 64-bit version of Windows.

Microsoft has not supplied 32-bit Windows to computer manufacturers for over 20 years now since even the processors in low end laptops or desktops have been 32-bit chips.  Microsoft has announced a "drop dead" date for 32-bit support, but I cannot recall what that is at the moment, and don't really care since even my ancient Gateway desktop with an Intel Core processor is a 64-bit machine, and it's around 20 years old.

Under Windows 10, and I'd imagine Windows 8, if you look in Settings, System, About in the Device Specifications section there is an entry for System Type which will tell you the bit-depth of both Windows and your computer hardware.

In the case of my machine, that entry reads:  64-bit operating system,  x64-based processor

           ~ André Gide