moderated Re: Adding signature to MS word document

A scanned signature is not the same thing as a digital signature.

Just like many organizations will accept, say, a FAX copy of an original document with signature, they'll also accept anything else that produces what looks like the originator's actual signature when printed.  When I submit billing sheets to the Virginia DBVI they all have a scanned copy of my signature inserted on the signature line, in Excel, in that case.

Digital signatures are a thing of their own.

           ~ André Gide