moderated Re: Edge and Jaws question

On Fri, Dec 4, 2020 at 10:36 AM, Sieghard Weitzel wrote:
As I said in my previous email, you have to go into Edge settings and disable some of the options regarding the automatic saving of passwords, predictive filling of search fields and so on.
-
In Chromium-based edge, Settings

1. Profiles Tab, Basic Info option - Turn off the toggle for Save and fill basic info

2. Profiles Tab, Passwords - Turn off the toggle for Offer to save passwords.

The equivalent exists in other Chromium-based browsers as well.  In Chrome, this is all located in the You and Google tab (which opens first in Settings) under the Autofill section, items Passwords and Addresses and more.  It's the same thing under Brave, but you have to expand Additional Settings before the Autofill section becomes visible.

In this age of Windows As A Service, it's more critical than ever that software be kept up to date, with screen readers being a part of that.

           ~ André Gide