moderated Re: Including keystrokes in Speech History?

Cohn, Jonathan

On Dec 2, 2020, at 10:04 PM, Mark <mweiler@alumni.sfu.ca> wrote:

Does anyone know a way to have speech history include keystrokes that were pressed and not just what JAWS said? This would be a helpful way of recording a walk through of content.
In settings center there is a button called something like keycaps that I remember being discussed by Jonathan on FSCast as a way to prevent “tab” from being spoken every time it was typed (including alt-tab). So I expect you could reverse this process to have tab and arrow keys pressed.
Probably would be worthwhile setting this up in a demo user account, because I am sure you don’t want to hear all that usually.
Jonathan