moderated Re: What is an accessible download "speed test" website?

Lino Morales

Here is a good one:

beta.speedtest.net/

On 12/2/2020 2:39 PM, Richard B. McDonald wrote:

Hi!

I need to confirm the speed at which my Internet connection is able to download.  I am familiar with certain “speed test” websites for that purpose, but which is an accessible website for this?

Also, on a technical point, if I am on my WiFi and do this, is the test result 1) between the Internet and my WiFi router or 2) between the Internet and my laptop via the WiFi?  Is it better to plug-in my laptop into the router via an ethernet cable to do this test so as to make the test the “1” situation?  In considering the “2” situation, generally, what is a WiFi’s speed (assuming 4/4 signal strength bars) between the router and my laptop?

Thanks,

Richard