moderated Re: Free word processors

Richard Turner

Hello all,

My last comment on this is that for me, and again, just for me, Office is amazingly snappy, but LibreOffice, even using its own format with a fresh document, is sluggish.

So, if I need it to open and convert an old file type or something, but I personally cannot recommend it based on my experience.

Open Office actually was snappier, but as David pointed out, it is no longer being developed now that LibreOffice is the focus of that project.

I will drop them some feedback but this is no big deal to me, I was just checking it out.

I’m done now.

Richard

*I’m not the card shark