moderated Re: Trouble inserting attachments using JAWS 2021,latestWindows 10 Mail Program

Richard Turner <richardturner42@...>

I don’t use Windows mail, but I’ve begun always browsing to the file with Windows Explorer, File Explorer, whatever they are calling it this week, and copying the file, then while in the open email, pasting it, and it attaches the file.

At least, this works with Outlook.  I would think it would also work in Windows Mail.

HTH,

Richard

"The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject of flying.

There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

--Douglas Adams, from Life, The Universe and Everything, p.59

Check out my web site at: www.turner42.com

*I’m not the card shark

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dave Mitchell
Sent: Monday, November 30, 2020 10:15 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Trouble inserting attachments using JAWS 2021,latestWindows 10 Mail Program

Hi,  Until recently in Windows 10 Mail, I could use the familiar alt plus I key combination and type in the file name to accomplish the task.

Now, even when the correct file name is typed, I get a file not found  message and no options to browse for the file.

Any hints for getting my mind right on this little issue will be much appreciated.  Happy Holidays, Mitch

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.