moderated Re: Where'd I go wrong with JAWS 2021?

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

You said you "downloaded" Jaws 2021, I assume you also installed it afterwards, you know, where it asks you to accept the license terms and then it would say press enter to install, at the end it would say something about having made changes and you need to reboot?

As for hotkeys, you can't use the same hotkey on two applications, if, for example, you use Control + Shift + J for Jaws 2020 and you try to use it for Jaws 2021 it simply would not get put in, if you just pressed it and clicked OK and then if you go back into the shortcut properties it would still say "None" for keyboard shortcut.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Monday, November 30, 2020 5:56 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Where'd I go wrong with JAWS 2021?

'and, which one loads when the computer boots up?

Richard

"You know," said Arthur, "it's at times like this, when I'm trapped in a Vogon airlock with a man from Betelgeuse, and about to die of asphyxiation in deep space, that I really wish I'd listened to what my mother told me when I was young."

"Why, what did she tell you?"

"I don't know, I didn't listen."

-- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy

On Nov 30, 2020, at 5:48 AM, Shirley Tracy <shirleytracy16@...> wrote:

I never thought of that. Thank you. I’ll have to remove the one for 2020. It’s the same one I have for 2021.

Tks again.

Shirley Tracy

Sent: Monday, November 30, 2020 7:50 AM
Subject: Re: Where'd I go wrong with JAWS 2021?

Hi.

Might you be using a hotkey that is associated with Jaws2020?

HTH,

Ken

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Shirley Tracy
Sent: Sunday, November 29, 2020 10:13 PM
Subject: Where'd I go wrong with JAWS 2021?

Hi Everyone,

I downloaded JAWS 2021 from the link on the website several days ago. It’s on my desktop. And I thought it was working fine. Suddenly, I just happened to see that I’m running 2020 and not 2021. And when I click on 2021, it simply throws me back into 2020. Where’d I go wrong? How to fix?

Help!

Shirley

Shirley Tracy

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.