moderated Re: Connecting older APH Refreshabraille 18 to Jfw2021 on Windows 10

ann

Hi,

Thanks Richard.

I downloaded and installed the USB driver. Apparently, it works if you don't plug it in to a USB3 port, which I guess I accidentally did. Even the bluetooth problems are solved now.

~Ann

On 11/26/2020 10:01 AM, Richard Turner wrote:
It may not work, but the documentation and necessary drivers can be gotten from the following site.If you jump by headings there is one on installing the drivers.
here is the link.https://tech.aph.org/rbd_info.htm
Richard

On Nov 26, 2020, at 5:29 AM, ann <tate886@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi folks,

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in the states.

I'm trying to connect an older model Refreshabraille 18 to my Windows10 computer which is running Jaws2021. To show how old the model is, it still has a Mini B USB connector and not a Micro B USB port. When I try and connect it using Bluetooth, other bluetooth devices malfunction, such as my headphones. When I try and connect it through USB, it only stays connected for a minute or two.

I have tried other mini USB B cables.

The same also happens when using Jaws2020.

Do I need to download drivers for this unit to work with JFW? Or, is it simply too old to be useful?

Thanks,
~Ann